The position reports to the Technical Manager.
- Developing and implementing technological innovation projects in LACNIC's Technical Department.
- Researching and analyzing new technologies, among others, in the areas of IPv6, routing, security, DNS, and network management.
- Providing support to the Technical Management in the area of emerging technologies.
- Providing support to the Technical Management regarding the technological development, assessment and evolution of the services offered by LACNIC.
- Representing LACNIC, its mission, vision, and objectives through the development and implementation of external engineering and cooperation projects, the development of internet standards, and other areas related to the Internet industry.
- TCP/IP networks configuration and monitoring, both IPv4 and IPv6.
- Internal and external routing systems configuration.
- Unix systems configuration.
- DNS configuration.
- Technologies relating to information security such as PKI systems, cryptography, intruder detection, firewalls, secure routing systems, and DNSSEC.
- Data and multimedia networks monitoring and management.
- Programming languages: Java, Python, C++, C#, PHP.
- Project management.
- Team work.
- Effective communication and oral presentation skills.
University degree in Information Technology, specializing in Internet and systems development.
At least four years of experience within the Internet industry, working on innovation and development projects.
Knowledge of LACNIC, Internet numbering resource administration, and standards development processes will be valued, as will experience in systems development and programming.
- Fluency in Spanish, both oral and written
- Fluency in English, both oral and written
- Oral and written Portuguese communication skills
Availability to travel abroad
Domiciled in or willing to relocate to Montevideo, Uruguay
Subject to professional training and experience, we offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package.
Deadline for CV submission
18 June 2010, only via email to firstname.lastname@example.org