The position reports to the Communications and External Relations Manager and must coordinate its functions with the Executive Director.
- Increasing LACNIC's relational capital with organizations and stakeholders of the regional and international Internet community, academia, the private sector, the public sector, governments, civil society and others, designing and executing strategies for identifying and developing quality inter-institutional relations.
- Optimizing relations and increasing awareness of LACNIC's role and contribution to the development of the Internet within the region.
- Identifying politically sensitive areas in the external environment and advising the Directors on the design and execution of institutional communication policies and initiatives that will contribute to attaining LACNIC's strategic goals and mission.
- Identifying potential partners and coordinating actions for their incorporation as such or to projects that will further the development of the Internet within the region.
- Representing LACNIC at regional and international forums.
- Coordinating public policy actions together with the officers of the other RIRs (Regional Internet Registries) within the framework of the NRO (Number Resource Organization).
- Actively participating in the organization of LACNIC events, taking into consideration the fulfillment of the position's goals.
- Following regional and international debates at forums that are considered to be of interest for the organization.
- Interpersonal relations skills
- Customer oriented
- Results oriented
- Innovation and creativity
- Strategic planning and organization
- Effective communication skills
University degree in Political Sciences, International Relations, International Law or Engineering.
Post-graduate studies will be valued.
Work experience in International Relations, preferably in the Internet, Telecommunications or Information Technologies fields, with emphasis on public policies.
General knowledge of Internet Governance and of LACNIC, particularly its products and services, will be valued.
Fluency in Spanish, both oral and written
Fluency in English, both oral and written
Portuguese communication skills
Availability to travel abroad
Domiciled in or willing to relocate to Montevideo, Uruguay.
Subject to professional training and experience, we offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package.
Deadline for CV submission
Friday February 24, 2011.