LACNIC XII Sponsorship
LACNIC invites to sponsor its annual meeting LACNIC XII to be held in the city of Panama, Panama from May 24th to 29th, 2009 at the Hotel El Panamá.
As a Regional Internet Registry (RIR), LACNIC is responsible for the administration of IP addresses and related numbering resources within its region (Latin America and the Caribbean), as well as for guaranteeing equal-opportunity access to resources for all Internet operators in the region.
Through a strong involvement with the Internet community, LACNIC contributes to the strengthening of technical knowledge by creating educational opportunities, performing technical coordination and also through open discussion forums.
LACNIC XII is one of the annual meetings that LACNIC organises in different cities of the region. Within the framework of this event, the following meetings will be held:
- Training and technical workshops for the Internet operators of the region.
- Regional Interconnection Forum, (Napla 2009) meeting of Latin American Network Access Points. The meeting brings together exchange points operators, current or future members, carriers and professionals in telecommunications.
- Seventh Latin American IPv6 Forum, Flip-6.
- Meeting of the IPv6 Task Force for Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Network Security Forum
- LACNIC Annual Member Assembly.
- Public Policy Forum, where the policies for allocating Internet resources within the region will be discussed, presentations will be made, and technical issues relevant to the regional community will be analyzed.
- Annual LACTLD Assembly and Training Workshop
- INET Latin America 2009 - Internet Society Regional Event, organized by the Regional Office of ISOC for Latin America and the Caribbean.
LACNIC meetings focus mainly on the development and stability of Internet within the region of Latin America and the Caribbean. Its target audience is extremely broad, including among others, Internet service providers, regulatory bodies, academic networks, ccTLD operators, NAP operators, civil society representatives and professionals from the telecommunications industry in general.
The results of these meetings are materialized in concrete actions, be it the definition of policies for Internet resource distribution within the region, such as regional interconnection project initiatives, or the creation of working groups for providing information on IPv6 and promoting its adoption.
The last LACNIC meeting held in Salvador, Brazil in 2008, had almost 300 attendees from 31 countries from Latin America and the Caribbean as well as from outside the region. For this reason, this is a unique opportunity to reach this important audience.
As a not-for-profit organization, LACNIC depends on its sponsors contributions to hold these meetings. Through their contributions, we reduce delegate participation costs. This enables the widest range of members from the regional community to attend these important meetings.
For more detailed information, please refer to LACNIC XI meeting, the last LACNIC's meeting.
If you are interested in sponsoring this event we invite you to take a look at the sponsorship terms and benefits.
Should you need any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at: +598 2 604 2222
Atividades em destaque
- Fórum Público de Políticas
- Fórum de Interconexão Regional NAPLA 20
- Capacitação e treinamento
- Tutorial: BGP - Introdução
- Tutorial: BGP - Engenharia de Tráfego
- Tutorial: Criação e Gestão de CSIRTs
- Tutorial: Sistema de Registro de LACNIC
- Tutorial: Interconexão e Peering
- Tutorial: IPv6 - Planejando sua implementação
- Tutorial: IPv6 na ultima milha
- Tutorial: IPv6 - Introdução e Configuração
- Sétimo Fórum Latino americano de IPv6 – FLIP-6
- Quarto Evento de Segurança em Redes
- Assembléia de Membros de LACNIC
- Assembléia Anual de LACTLD e Oficina de Formação
- INET Latino América 2009