LACNIC XII was held in Panama City, Panama from May 24 to May 29, 2009 at the Hotel El Panama and was hosted by the Universidad Tecnológica de Panama.
Openning LACNIC XII
Official Closure LACNIC XII
Oscar Messano, Chair of LACNIC Board
Award Ceremony of the contest: "The Internet governance in the Press"
Panama City was the meeting place for representatives of different sectors of the Latin American and Caribbean Internet community, academia, civil society, ISPs, telecommunications industry leaders, governments, ccTLDs, NAPs and others. LACNIC XII provided a framework for debates on the Internet issues that are of interest and concern to the region, theoretical and practical workshops, forums, assemblies, etc.
The results of these meetings are materialized in concrete actions, be it the definition of policies for Internet resource distribution within the region, such as regional interconnection project initiatives, or the creation of working groups for providing information on IPv6 and promoting its adoption.
- Public Policy Forum
- Regional Interconnection Forum NAPLA 2009
- Workshops and training courses
- Tutorial: BGP - Introduction
- Tutorial: BGP - Traffic Engineering
- Tutorial: Creating and Managing CSIRTs
- Tutorial: LACNIC Registration System
- Tutorial: Interconnection and Peering
- Tutorial: IPv6 - Planning its deployment
- Tutorial: IPv6 in the last mile
- Tutorial: IPv6 - Introduction and Configuration
- Seventh Latin American IPv6 Forum, Flip-6
- Fourth Network Security Forum
- LACNIC Members Assembly
- Annual LACTLD Assembly and Training Workshop
- INET Latin America 2009