Practical Tutorial on IPv6
- Jordi Palet, Consulintel
- Francisco Obispo, CENIT
In continuation to the LACNIC strategy in supporting the outreach of IPv6 as well as in fomenting its development and utilization,
the attendees of LACNIC XI meeting had the opportunity to participate in a full day IPv6 tutorial.
Being focused to ISPs does not mean that those without any knowledge about would not benefit from it.
The tutorial had an introduction about the technology and its standards. Giving a basic knowledge and points for future
Following this, the attendees also had the opportunity to learn important aspects of IPv6 deployment in ISP environments. Like for
instance, addressing plan, routing plan, internal infrastructure with IPv6, security, documentation, etc
1) Introduction to IPv6 (60 minutes)
2) Auto configuration, including DHCPv6 and Prefix Delegation (60 minutes)
3) Introduction to transition mechanisms (60 minutes)
4) DNS and BIND (60 minutes)
5) IPv6 in broadband technologies (60 minutes)
6) Multicast (60 minutes)
7) Routing (60 minutes)