INFORMATION ABOUT SURINAME
Suriname is situated between French Guiana to the east and Guyana to the west. The southern border is shared with Brazil and the northern border is the Atlantic coast. It is the smallest independent country in South America and one of the most multilingual in the world.
For more information about Suriname, please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suriname
- Capital: Paramaribo
- Official language: Dutch
- Surface: 163.821 square kilometers
- Population: 491.989 inhabitants
- Currency: Surinamese dollar (SRD)
- Climate: Suriname has a very hot tropical climate, and temperatures do not vary much throughout the year.
- Tourism: Most tourists visit Suriname for the outstanding biodiversity of the pristine Amazonian rain forests in the south of the country, which are noted for their flora and fauna. There are also many waterfalls throughout the country. Other attractions include plantations such as Laarwijk, which is situated along the Suriname Rive.
- Airport: Zanderij Airport is about 40 km south of Paramaribo. Taxi will cost around 30 USD.
- Money: 1.00 USD = 3.31500 SRD
There are many ATM's in Paramaribo