The call period ends on July 20th 2007.
Call for project engineer and developer to work in LACNIC (Latin American and Caribbean Registry IP address), in its office in the city of Montevideo, Uruguay.
Position: Project engineer and software developer.
- Degree in engineering or computer science.
- Minimum experience of 3 years in C/C++ development and OO.
- Development experience in TCP/IP (client/server) and Web (cgi) environment.
- Experience in data base systems (SQL).
- Knowledge and experience in DNS (Domain Name System).
- Knowledge in Internet resources distribution system and IP routing.
- Communication skills to expose and to defend its own and the organization ideas.
- Capacity to work in team, being it local or remote.
- Languages Spanish and English fluid as much as writing as oral. Other languages skills will be valued, specially Portuguese.
- Availability for national and international trips.
- Knowledge in UNIX and free software (open source) environment.
- Familiarity with the development of protocols and standards of the Internet.
- Knowledge of cryptography and digital certification.
- Maintenance of system in C/C++ and SQL data base.
- Project and development of systems to support organization activities.
- Cooperate with other team, local or remote, in system development.
- Maintain DNS servers for inverse resolution as well as publication system.
- Participate in international meetings with engineering group of associate organizations.
- Follow the development of new protocols and/or standards related to the activity of the organization.
Those interested should send their curriculum vitae to email@example.com