The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
The following are part of his duties:
- Lead the team of the Engineering Department.
- Provide support to the Directors and other managers in issues regarding the Internet industry.
- Evaluate the technological evolution and the development of the assistance provided by LACNIC.
- Guarantee the efficient operation of the application’s service and the following allocation of Internet resources according to the corresponding policies and proceedings, and ensuring a good level of attention for the organizations that apply for resources.
- Support the operation of on-line systems which are provided to LACNIC members and the community, taking the updating demands of such systems into account, coordinating their development and programming and leading the identification, implementation and renovation of the technological tools that shall contribute to the accomplishment of LACNIC’s strategic objectives.
- Guarantee the operation of LACNIC’s internal applications, based on the technical infrastructure needed: internal network, Internet connectivity, servers, telephony, among others.
- Represent LACNIC, its mission, vision and objectives, coordinating and participating in external engineering projects, in the development of Internet standards and policies of administration of numbering resources, in cooperation projects and other areas related to the industry environment.
- Participate in LACNIC’s projects or in those projects in which LACNIC participates and that due to their characteristics need technical expertise.
- Elaborate and execute the financial budget of the Technical Department.
- Orientation to the customer
- Orientation to results
- Strategic planning and organization
- Projects’ management
- Direction of people
- Effective oral communication and presentations
University Degree in Information Technologies, with specialization in Internet, its operation and governance.
Minimum of four years of expertise in the Internet industry, leading technical teams focused on IT, development and programming.
Knowledge about LACNIC, administration of numbering resources of Internet and process of development of standards shall be appreciated.
- Fluent oral and written Spanish
- Fluent oral and written English
- Oral and written communication skills in Portuguese
Availability to travel abroad.
Residence or establishment in Montevideo, Uruguay.
We offer a competitive remuneration and an attractive package of benefits according to the training and experience.
Deadline for the presentation of Résumé
January 31, 2010 exclusively by e-mail to email@example.com