Call for Nominations of Candidates to Occupy the position of Chair of LACNIC´s Public Forum
This is an open call for nominations of candidates to occupy the position of CHAIR OF THE PUBLIC FORUM.
In accordance to LACNIC´s Board of Directors resolution of February 8th, 2006, the election of the Chair of the Public Forum will be made in the following manner:
- Calling for candidates will be made on February 9th, 2006. The candidate must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- be a LACNIC member
- be nominated by a LACNIC member and belong to a country from LACNIC´s coverage area
- It is understood by “LACNIC member” the person who is designated by his/her organization as the “membership contact” in LACNIC´s data base.
- LACNIC staff could not nominate candidates nor be nominated
- Self nominations are allowed
- Submitting of candidates, candidate’s acknowledgment, and fulfillment of other requirements detailed below are due on April 10th , 2006 at 5:00 p.m. Uruguayan time (UTC -3).
- As the applications are being received, the candidates’ names will be published in LACNIC´s web site. Within the same period of time (Febraury 9th to April 10th.) expressions of support to the different candidates will be received. Only candidates who are supported for at least 5 people can run for the election.
- Information about the nominated candidates (acknowledgement of nominations, expressions of support, candidates’ biographical information) will be published in LACNIC´s web site
- The election of the Chair of LACNIC Public Forum will be held on May 25th, 2006 in Guatemala City during LACNIC´s Public Policy Forum.
- Casting of votes will be made through a ballot paper containing a list of the candidates’ names.
- People who are in the meeting room at the moment of the election will be allowed to vote if they meet the following conditions: have registered for the meeting and are from countries in LACNIC´s coverage area.
- Voters may mark one (1) candidate in the ballot paper. Each mark will be equal to one vote.
- Vote will be anonymous.
- A three-people-committee appointed by the Public Policy Forum will be in charge of counting the votes. No candidate could be member of this Committee.
- Once the votes are count, the person who has obtained the largest number of marks (votes) will be proclaimed Chair of LACNIC Public Forum for a two-year period starting on October 28th, 2006 until October 27th. 2008.
- In the case the vote is tied, it will be cast again. Only the candidates who are tied will participate on this second vote.
- To nominate a candidate, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject: Chair of the Public Forum
The following information is required in this email:
INFORMATION OF THE NOMINEE:
- Name of nominee:
- Country of residence:
- Organization name:
- E-mail address:
- Postal address:
- Phone number:
- Biographical information:
INFORMATION OF THE NOMINATOR
- Motivation for nomination:
- Nominator’s Name:
- E-mail address:
All confirmed nominations will be listed on LACNIC´s website with biographical information.
To express support for nominated individuals, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Nominee’s name:
- Name of supporting individual:
- E-mail address:
To nominate a candidate, please send an email to email@example.com according to the conditions detailed above.
CHAIR OF THE PUBLIC FORUM
Functions of the Chair of the Public Forum:
- To conduct discussions at the Public Forum, the Public Policy List and the Policy Development Process in general.
- To evaluate and suggest consensus in policy discussions.
- To suggest the finalization of the discussion on a specific subject at the Public Policy List.
- To summon the creation of Working Groups on the Public Policy List.
About the Chair of the Public Forum
- The Chair of the Public Forum shall not be part of LACNIC's staff.
- Honorary position
- Elected at the Public Forum.
- Must be a member of LACNIC or be nominated by a member of LACNIC
- Shall hold the position for two years.