LACNIC XIII Financial Assistance Program
As in previous years, LACNIC will be offering a limited number of financial grants to members of the Internet community from LACNIC service region interested in attending the LACNIC XIII event to be held in Willemstad, Curaçao from May 16 to 21, 2010.
People selected to receive the financial assistance will obtain one of the following benefits:
- Free registration to all the event's sessions, social event and lunches that LACNIC will offer to participants
- Financial assistance for accommodation expenses at the meeting’s hotel
- Financial assistance for airfare to Curaçao (airport taxes, visa applications and other requirements such as immunizations are responsibility of the selected candidates)
The amount of the financial assistance will be studied and considered on a case by case basis. Selected candidates may be benefited from more than one option of financial assistance, only in special cases.
Available resources are limited; therefore no applicant is guaranteed neither partial nor full financial assistance. Approval will be directly communicated to the selected applicants. A summary of the selection results will be reported in LACNIC XIII web page.
The following aspects will be valued (although these are not excluding conditions):
- Priority will be given to applicants who request partial assistance.
- Applicants should come from a country within LACNIC's geographical service area.
- The list of the countries from LACNIC's geographical service area is available at: http://lacnic.net/en/sobre-lacnic/cobertura/index.html
The selection committee will be exclusively integrated of LACNIC staff. The committee has the right to select the candidates more suitable to receive the financial grants -following the above mentioned criteria- without any obligation to justify the results of the selection.
Requirements to be complied by the selected applicants
- Beneficiaries of the financial assistance must attend all the open sections during LACNIC XIII meeting
- People who cannot attend the meeting from Sunday 16th to Friday 21st of May will not be selected.
To apply for the Financial Assitance Program, please fill in the application form by March 10th, 2010.
Applications received after the due date will not be considered.
The applicants who are selected will be informed of this decision by March 18, 2010. Confirmation of acceptance of the financial assistance by the selected applicants is due on April 5th, 2010.
For additional information, please contact email@example.com.