LACNIC announces its call for candidates to fill the position of Communications Manager.
The position involves developing and coordinating LACNICís communications functions in connection with members, the community and other organizations.
The position reports to the Executive Director and is in charge of a team of individuals responsible for designing and executing cooperation projects aimed at the community, relationships with other institutions, institutional marketing, developing content for different media, preparation of communications materials, conducting services for LACNIC members, maintaining the organizationís website, and organizing outreach activities.
The successful candidate shall:
- Be a person who is active within the Internet and/or Information Society community of Latin America and the Caribbean:
- Be knowledgeable of the different regional processes and discussion fora,
- Know the main regional stakeholders
- Be familiar with the subject matter and issues dealt with at these fora and organizations
- Have experience participating in international negotiation and/or discussion processes
- Have experience performing similar tasks at other organizations
- Possess relationship and negotiation capabilities
- Possess excellent leadership and teamwork skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Be a native speaker of English, Spanish or Portuguese, and possess excellent verbal and written English and Spanish skills. Proficiency in other languages shall be valued.
The position requires relocating to the city of Montevideo, Uruguay.
The organization offers an excellent working environment, personal and professional growth opportunities, and a benefits package that is attractive to the worker.
Candidates interested in the position should send a full CV, including photograph and professional background, to email@example.com, before January 31, 2008.